Friday, June 29, 2007

Virgin Atlantic Rant




I recently had the misfortune of flying to the US on Virgin Atlantic. It had been a while since my last trip to the US and I was really surprised by how little leg room I got on a transatlantic flight. There seemed to be more leg room on the domestic connection from Manchester to London. Forget all the information about seat pitch and legroom. If you get allocated a seat like mine you have got a problem. A substantial part of the supposed legroom was taken up by a metal box which was attached to the floor and housed Virgins state of the art entertainment system. It wasn’t just my seat; numerous seats on the flight had these obstructions. If you are tall and get a seat like mine you can forget about a comfortable journey.

Well at least I had the in-flight movies, music and games. Well not on my flight. The state of the art virgin entertainment system was so sophisticated that the crew could not get it to work for the first 6 hours of the flight. The equipment hadn’t been maintained and the some of the buttons had fallen out on the controller on my seat .

Sat cramped and bored I had plenty of time to listen to crew complaining about the passengers. All in all it was a poor flight. What did Virgin have to say when I wrote to them. Nothing, they haven’t replied. Maybe Richard Branson’s staff doesn’t read passenger comments and simply want to cram as many people as possible onto their aircraft. From my search on the internet I am certainly not the only dissatisfied passenger. The Virgin brand used to mean quality, originality and service. Not anymore.

I will be cutting up my Virgin Atlantic frequent flyer card and choosing a different airline next time.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.